Be Well Must Haves
How does the Office Manager of Amityville Wellness
Live Life In Balance?
Ginger has been spending time in her garden.
Here are some of her favorite gardening tips!
1. Clean out all the dead leaves and old plants left form the fall.
2. Rake through the dirt to move around the nutrients.
3. Add new soil or peat moss into the dirt and
rake it into the old soil.
4. Plant new bulbs and plants, then water lightly.
5. To keep squirrels and raccoons from digging up new plants and bulbs, you can take red pepper flakes that you have crushed and spread in the garden. You can also use coffee grinds. (the coffee helps with mosquitoes too). The idea is to mask the new dirt smell which alerts critters to the possibility of a new food source.
Gardening helps you get out into the fresh air and burns calories
(just in case you have been eating more because you are
home more these days)!